Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hi I`m new to all this and have a question please.
    by CaroAnna at 16:51 on 26 March 2012
    I joined a couple of weeks ago and have finally plucked up the courage to submit some work - 'Now and Then', the title isn't fixed in stone and may change. I've submitted the second half of the first chapter, so I hope it comes over OK, it's my first book!
    I do have a question too while I'm here, names of places, is one allowed to use existing nameplaces, I've called the family Dubois and their vineyard is the 'Domaine du Bois'. I've looked on line and there's quite a few of them, so is this OK?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and if I'm sounding confident then perhaps I should take up acting instead of writing!
  • Re: Hi I`m new to all this and have a question please.
    by Freebird at 17:21 on 26 March 2012
    Hi there, and welcome to WW!

In answer to your question, yes you can use real place names or you can make them up, or a mixture of the two.

Which group have you uploaded your work into? You might be able to get more useful comments on the second half of the chapter if you post the first half as well. Hope you find it useful - WW is a friendly and inspiring place to be
  • Re: Hi I`m new to all this and have a question please.
    by CaroAnna at 17:48 on 26 March 2012
    Thank you for your that.
    I've put it in general fiction for the moment.
    I wanted to upload the whole thing but it's 4000 words, so I got the message that if it was too long it may not get looked at. I will post the rest as soon as I can. I just tried and was asked to wait a couple of days.