Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hi. I am new.
    by Pen and Ink at 12:05 on 14 March 2012
    Hello everyone.
    I have just joined WriteWords as a part member to see what it's all about. I am looking for advice and feedback on my writing, so I'm sure I've come to the right place! I have sent in a request to join the Children's Writing Group. I haven't had the opportunity to look around properly yet, so excuse my ignorance, but how does one search for books to comment on? Is this done through the groups or by another method?

Julia
    (Shadow Jumper - a children's adventure story)
  • Re: Hi. I am new.
    by Account Closed at 16:50 on 14 March 2012
    Hi Julia and welcome.

If by 'books' you mean published books, there is a review forum where you can review a book yourself or join in the discussion that someone else has started.

If you mean members' writing, there are various groups and you can join up to three. But you know this, as you've joined the children's writing group. Some people mark their work for group members only to see but if they haven't you can leave a critique if you wish.

Hope this helps.
    by EmmaD at 21:46 on 14 March 2012
    Hi Julia, and welcome to WW.

Jan's steered you right - most critiquing goes on in the groups, so that's the best place to start. There is a general archive, but that doesn't get so much traffic.

Enjoy - and do stand in the forum and shout if you've got any other queries.

Emma
    by Dave Morehouse at 23:50 on 15 March 2012
    Julia - Hello and welcome. Agreed with the others regarding joining in at the group forum level. I have been involved for just over a month now and have found folks here welcoming, honest,and helpful. I hope your experience here is equally beneficial. Dave
    by zahramalik at 15:39 on 29 March 2012
    you are welcome to the forum
    by Gailawler at 16:00 on 06 April 2012
    Just to say hello and welcome. A good, friendly crowd here
    :-)
    by Dave Morehouse at 23:56 on 29 April 2012
    Welcome in Julia. You'll find the folks here helpful and friendly. Dave