Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hello everyone
    by alimay at 11:53 on 28 February 2012
    Hi everyone.

I came back to writing last year after a long time away. I gave up work when my daughter was born, and decided if I was ever going to become a published writer it has to be now or never. Currently I write in the odd snatched hour when my daughter is asleep, or when my husband can look after her.

I have been focusing on short stories, mainly for the Womagsbut also for competitions.

I recently won the first prize in the Chorley Writers Group flash fiction competition, but sice then it feels like it's been nothing be rejection and heartbreak (ah, the life of a writer. Suppose I'd better get used to it).

Alison
  • Re: Hello everyone
    by Freebird at 16:56 on 28 February 2012
    hi there, and welcome to WW. Your story sounds similar to mine - always wanted to write, and wrote bits and pieces but started doing it seriously when I had to give up work due to my second child's health issues.

And we are all familiar with rejection and heartbreak! Unfortunately it's part of the whole writing journey, but there are lots of good bits as well

It's probably a good idea to join one of the groups for uploading and commenting on work - there's a women's fiction group that might suit you.
    by EmmaD at 23:04 on 28 February 2012
    Hi Alison, and welcome to WW - congrats on the competition win, too!

Yes, rejection comes with the territory, and I don't think it ever stops... But everyone here is a companion in affliction, if it's any comfort!

Emma
    by GaiusCoffey at 10:35 on 29 February 2012
    Welcome, congratulations on the win, too.
    G