Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Another newbie
    by Hetty at 19:19 on 09 February 2012
    Good evening!
    I've taken the bold (for me) step of joining for mutual support and advice. Writing alone in the cupboard under the stairs is fine but I thought it might be more fun to 'meet' other writers. Perhaps I'll pluck up courage and actually share some of my hard work (please be gentle with me!). I'm not entirely sure what my true writing niche is so perhaps being here might help me sort that little conundrum out! In the meantime, nice to meet you all...

Hetty
  • Re: Another newbie
    by EmmaD at 20:16 on 09 February 2012
    Hi Hetty, and welcome to WW. The cupboard under the stairs gets a bit cramped after a while, once you're sharing it with all those characters and ideas.

Hope you're finding your way around okay - if you get stuck, just stand in the forum and shout.

Emma
    by Hetty at 20:47 on 09 February 2012
    Thank you Emma!
    I've been nipping in and out of various places to get the lie of the land and looking forward to getting fully involved. Even in my first brief visit I've found some inspiring advice ... I stopped writing a few years ago and now I'm like that kid who stands in the shadows watching while everyone else is having fun! I want to get writing again and need to be brave and just take the plunge...
    by CarolS at 09:32 on 10 February 2012
    Welcome, Hetty!
    by Account Closed at 16:07 on 10 February 2012
    Hi Hetty, welcome to WW. It can be hard finding your writerly home, can't it? There are lots of groups here and you can join three I think, why not dip a toe in here and there and try different 'niches' on for size? You'll find out by doing it where you belong.

<Added>

The groups are very friendly, by the way, don't let your nerves stop you taking the plunge!
    by Hetty at 18:47 on 10 February 2012
    Thank you both...
    by Account Closed at 21:13 on 10 February 2012
    Good luck Hetty. I'm a member of some of the groups and Jan is right - the group members are great, really welcoming and giving. I've had the most amazing journey on WriteWords and learnt so much.

I can - almost - critique other people's work now and my writing has come along thanks to my WW friends. I hope you benefit as much as I have.
    by Account Closed at 23:19 on 10 February 2012
    Hello and welcome