Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hi everyone
    by TessaF at 16:01 on 09 January 2012
    I wanted to say hi as I've just joined today, using the 1 month trial(thought that was sensible while I try to find my way around!) and planning to become a full member.

I've spent this afternoon reading other people's work(mainly poetry) and am slightly intimidated about posting mine as there are some fantastic poets on here!

I would also like to dip my toe in other groups when I feel up to it. Hope to get to know some of you

All the best!

T

• Re: Hi everyone
    by Account Closed at 16:17 on 09 January 2012
    Hi Tessa

Welcome to WriteWords. Please do post as, if there are fantastic poets here, then there will likely be excellent feedback and advice to benefit you too.

Good luck
    by Freebird at 16:32 on 09 January 2012
    Nice to see you - don't be intimidated by the level of work. All standards and approaches are welcome here I've found it incredibly helpful, and I hope you will too.

Feel free to bob over to the Children's Writers' Group if you fancy a go at that, or the Fast First Draft group if you just need urging on to finish a bigger project.
    by EmmaD at 17:56 on 09 January 2012
    Hi Tessa, and welcome to WW. Don't be daunted - we all have to start somewhere, and the critiquing is very friendly and supportive.

Hope you're finding your way round - yell for help in the forum if you need it.

Emma
    by TessaF at 18:03 on 09 January 2012
    Hi Sharley

It's nice of you to reply so quickly It seems a really friendly community.

Yes, you're right of course and feedback is what I want(since most of my poems have not yet been seen by the human eye).

Do you write poetry?

All the best

T
    by TessaF at 18:10 on 09 January 2012
    Hi Freebird

I'd love to join the Children's Writer's Group - I have a couple of chapters/short stories I wrote ages ago about a 'retired' pirate but I don't really know what to do with them. I tend to get disheartened - some friends 'critiqued' them for me but I just found it confusing.

This seems such a friendly community already.

Warm wishes

T
    by Account Closed at 18:23 on 09 January 2012
    No I don't write poetry, but good luck with yours.

It is a lovely friendly community. It's helped me enormously. I hope you find it as great as I have.

<Added>

BTW - take Freebird's advice about First Fast Draft. They are a really supportive group and it's not about posting your work, but supporting each other as you write. Think about the Children's group too.
    by TessaF at 18:28 on 09 January 2012
    Hi Emma

I have noticed that the critiquing is done in a very positive way. I really want to progress in my writing so I know this is the way to go but still -yikes!

It's nice that people are so friendly too.

Warm wishes
    T