Login   Sign Up 

• Looking for a TV Agent to promote a programme idea
    by Shax658 at 11:29 on 03 January 2012
    Dear All

I recently joined this site to obtain information on contacting a an Agent to help promte an idea for a TV programme!. However I have not been allowed to access the information required.

Can anyone advise how I can access this info (do I need to be full membership?)? Or advise how else I can obtain details on contacting a TV agent?

Thank you

Regards
    Simon
  • Re: Looking for a TV Agent to promote a programme idea
    by Terry Edge at 12:54 on 03 January 2012
    Simon,

WW doesn't quite work like that. There isn't a bunch of info exactly, that you'll get with a full membership. There are two private forums where members can swap information they might not want to make too public. But where your question is concerned, you can simply post it as you have and see what comes back.

In my view, no agent will be interested in taking you on, simply on the strength of an idea. If you have a fully worked up development plan for a programme you could try agents and/or independent production companies who make that kind of programme. Details of both can be found in The Writers' and Artist Yearbook.

TV is incredibly difficult to get into. If you're writing fiction, you could try the BBC's Writers Room, bearing in mind that they won't take on a specific script but will consider you as a writer if they think you has promise. Otherwise, you're looking at production companies and/or agents again. Also, go on courses, attend conventions, etc, so you can start to build up some contacts.

Terry