Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Are there places I can`t go with a trial membership?
    by Alexia at 20:34 on 12 December 2011
    Hi - hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place! I've just started a trial membership and, while logged in, searched on "tabs". One of the threads I found was "how to do tabs" but when I clicked on the link, it said it was a members-only part of the site and that I should log in or sign up.

Am I doing something wrong? I've only been here five minutes and already I'm muppeting up!
  • Re: Are there places I can`t go with a trial membership?
    by Account Closed at 21:40 on 12 December 2011
    I think you maybe can't access Private Members...? Not certain but I seem to remember that was the case when I was on my child.

I saw your tab question though - this was just discussed on another thread. I think that the solution someone proposed, was to define another style (not normal) justified to the left, without any indent. Then when you start a new chapter to select the new style for that para, and then switch to normal for the next chapter.

You could always start a new thread with a shoutout for tabs/word help. Someone will come along!

<Added>

when I was on my CHILD?! Sorry I have no idea how that got auto-corrected! It was supposed to be, "on my trial"!!

<Added>

Sorry, switch to normal for the next PARAGRAPH.

Sorry - it's 10 o'clock. My typing always goes down hill from here on in.
    by GaiusCoffey at 21:41 on 12 December 2011
    There are two private member forums, also individuals can set privacy settings on uploads to exclude non-members, or... possibly... you weren't logged in.

Welcome to WW, hope you have fun here.
    by Alexia at 09:19 on 13 December 2011
    Hi Flora - thanks! The subforum thing said "Private members" but I thought that since I was a member for now, that included me. Duh! As you spotted, I managed to get my question tagged onto a relevant non-private thread and Emma kindly answered.

I thought your "child" reference must be some WriteWords slang for trial membership!

Hi Gaius - I was deffo logged in (it said so at the top!) - it was the "private members" issue. I must spend a bit more time finding out how the site works. Thanks!
    by EmmaD at 10:14 on 13 December 2011
    Hi Alexia - glad you're sorted out, and beginning to find your way around!

Emma
    by susieangela at 14:52 on 13 December 2011
    Hi Alexia *waves frantically* - great to see you here! Yes, Private Members is closed to trial members (shame, 'cos most of the juicy stuff is in there!).
    Have fun,
    Susiex