Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hullo...
    by PorkPieSalad at 12:49 on 10 August 2011
    Hi,

I've joined on the months free trial, and plan to sign up for the year soon (payday...)

I'm completely new to writing. The last time I created anything like a short story I was probably in school. I'm starting an OU course in Literature in October, and I'm planning to take the creative writing pathway.

I'm pretty excited about this, I don't why I've not done it sooner. I love reading and I'm pretty creative so hopefully, I can produce something worthwhile.

I've joined the Beginners writing group. Would be bad form to upload an incomplete piece for critique? I have about 2000 words of a short story and I've kind of reached a point where I'd like someone to say something about it.

Great site by the way

Cheers,

Steve
  • Re: Hullo...
    by NMott at 13:55 on 10 August 2011
    Hi Steve and welcome to WriteWords

Uploading an incomplete story is fine. Beginners Group has been a bit quiet recently, but hopefully it'll pick up and you'll get feedback on your story. If you decide to stay, then feel free to move around the various writing groups until you find one you're comfortable with.

If you need any help navigating the site then just give us a shout.

- NaomiM
    by EmmaD at 14:14 on 10 August 2011
    Hi Steve, and welcome to WW.

I teach creative writing for the OU, and I think the courses are excellent, so best of luck with that.

Emma
    by Mox at 14:21 on 10 August 2011
    Hello Steve,

Welcome to the WW. I recommend you to join commercial short story group. You'll get quick feedback and members are so helpful. And Good luck with your writing.
    by MPayne at 16:41 on 31 August 2011
    Hi Steve,

I took the level 2 OU creative wrtiing course A215 last year. Like you, I was new to writing fiction when I started but this wasn't a problem - I loved the course and my writing really benefitted from it. I hope you have as good an experience.

And a belated welcome to WriteWords!
    by Kizzinsky at 16:57 on 31 August 2011
    Hi
    I'm new too! Also temporary for the moment...we'll see how it goes. Good luck to all the wirters out there, it can be a tough thing sometimes, but worth it when you have something you're proud of eh?
    by Kizzinsky at 16:58 on 31 August 2011
    Gah! 'Writers'. You can see why i have a professional proofread my work eh, my typing is aaawful. ha ha!
    by Steerpike`s sister at 17:32 on 31 August 2011
    Hi Steve. Your name makes me hungry.
    by NMott at 18:11 on 31 August 2011
    Hi, Kizzinsky and welcome.

- NaomiM