Login   Sign Up 

• ANY HELP PLEASE FOR PISCES LADY :0)
    by Pisces Lady at 18:59 on 04 June 2011
    Hi everyone, just writing to introduce myself to all my fellow Writewords members and also if anyone can please help me?
    I write light hearted and generally funny verse which tends to be about everyday issues we can all relate to. I am wondering which is the best way to get my work published and who would be the most suitable people(s)to contact? Thank you :0)
  • Re: ANY HELP PLEASE FOR PISCES LADY :0)
    by Steerpike`s sister at 19:27 on 04 June 2011
    Have you considered performing/ reading it, at a poetry slam night? These are very popular throughout the UK, and they are the main way of getting poetry like yours to a wider audience. There aren't many poetry presses, and certainly for light verse, performing it seems to be the most common way for people to get their writing out there.
    by NMott at 19:37 on 04 June 2011
    Hi Pisces Lady, and welcome to WriteWords.
    I'm afraid I don't know anything about poetry but it's worth joining the Poetry Group - http://www.writewords.org.uk/groups/58.asp - and posting your question there.
    If you need any help navigating the site just give us a shout.

- NaomiM
    by Pisces Lady at 20:02 on 04 June 2011
    Thank you so much for the idea! What is really funny is I have already recorded twenty of my poems on a cd! Not exceptionally great quality but I really think that would be an avenue for me! I really appreciate your reply! :0)
    by Pisces Lady at 20:03 on 04 June 2011
    Thank you so much and I will join the group! :0)