Login   Sign Up 

• What am I doing here?
    by Michael Scott at 22:33 on 12 July 2008
    Hello

I've no idea why I'm here, I wrote a novel and several rants. Most of my short stories are cautionary tales and mirrors of what I believe publishers really want. They don't have a clue, but they'll know it when they see it.

Articles are different - the publisher has the space, they just need something to fill it. Every month there will be a winner. - Like the news! When did they say there was no news today, here's the weather.

Novels are different. Not only do you have to invent imaginary friends and live with these people for upwards of six months. Trees must die for in order for you to succeed.

There you have it, evidence of the fact. Care in the community doesn't work. I can't be trusted to take my own medication.

That's all I have to say about that.

Bye.
  • Re: What am I doing here?
    by susieangela at 09:05 on 13 July 2008
    Hi Michael -
    Why do you think you're here? I see from your website that you've a novel with Random House - are they publishing it? If so, congrats.
    Susiex
    by Michael Scott at 09:50 on 13 July 2008
    No! - I don't think so...
    I sent it to my people, who in turn sent it to their people, who sent it to Random House.

No doubt, when I'm really old, Random House will reply to their people, they'll speak to my people and my people will speak to me.

Can a company named 'Random House' be relied upon. Now there's a question!
    by susieangela at 18:17 on 13 July 2008
    Rather well-named, I guess!
    Good luck with the novel, anyway - and hope you hear before you are too elderly!
    Susiex