Login   Sign Up 

• testing the water
    by vicw at 13:51 on 08 July 2008
    Hi all,
    I'm just testing the water on my WW free trial.
    Can anyone recommend a group to join to get a feel for how things work? How does flash fiction differ to regular fiction? And how beginner is the beginners group?! I've completed a short writing course but am no pro.
    Best regards
    Vic
  • Re: testing the water
    by Nik Perring at 14:27 on 08 July 2008
    Hi Vic, and welcome to the site.

Flash fiction is, to sum it up very generally, shorter than a short story; usually under 1000 words.

As for which group to join, it really is up to you. I'd recommend having a look at the ones you think might appeal - I think it's more useful for you decide what you feel comfortable with and what interests you than someone else telling you. What do you write?

I must say as well that I think you'll find all of the groups are friendly, helpful and constructive, and that, when I last checked, the Beginner's group was a little quiet.

Any questions please give me or Dee a shout.

Nik
    by NMott at 14:45 on 08 July 2008
    Welcome to WW, Vic.
    Some of the groups are a lot quieter than other, so it's probably best to pick one that has had uploads of new work, and feedback, in the past few days.

- NaomiM
    by vicw at 21:22 on 08 July 2008
    Thanks for your help. I'll get cracking and hopefully get something posted for your scrutiny asap!
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    V
    by RT104 at 06:54 on 12 July 2008
    Just wanted to add, welcome Vic. Hope you enjoy it here.

Rosy