Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Hi, everyone
    by ShellyH at 17:09 on 03 June 2008
    Hello all, joined yesterday as a part-member and hopefully a full-member soon. I'm not great with computers so forgive me if I make errors, it's all a bit technical.
    You all seem very intelligent and experienced, so I hope I'm not too out of my depth. I just had to join though because I love writing and it will be great to speak to others with the same passion. I think I would best describe myself as just a housewife with a big imagination. I am half way through writing a childrens book at the moment aimed at 8-12 year olds. I have never had anything published but live in hope. I do have one question, I would like to join the childrens group but it is full at the moment. Is it just a matter of waiting for someone to leave?
    Hope I haven't waffled too much. Look forward to talking to you all.
  • Re: Hi, everyone
    by Dee at 09:12 on 04 June 2008
    Hi Shelly, and welcome to WW

Don’t worry about being out of your depth – this site is aimed at writers of all levels, and some of us were very inexperienced when we first joined.

If you need any help finding your way around the site give Nik Perring or me a shout – we’re here to help.

What’s your question?

Dee

<Added>

Ah, there it is! How did I miss that?

by NMott at 10:41 on 04 June 2008
    Hi Shelly, and welcome to WW.

I've WWmailed David Bruce, who handles site admin, asking if he can free up some space in Childrens, so there should be some room soon.

- NaomiM
    by ShellyH at 13:51 on 04 June 2008
    Thanks Dee, its a comfort to know that there are different levels of experience on here. Thank you also Naomi for looking into the childrens group for me, much appreciated.
    Michelle.
    by EmmaD at 16:47 on 04 June 2008
    Hi Michelle, and welcome to WriteWords. Yes, you'll find all levels of experience here, so I hope you're finding your way round, and won't be afraid to should for help if you need it.

Emma