Login   Sign Up 

• I`m new!
    by LMJT at 13:47 on 17 March 2008
    Hi everyone,

I just thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself here.

I'm working on my first novel, currently titled Keeping You A Secret, which explores the premise that we can hide our truths from everyone but ourselves. I've kind of started again after about 150 pages. I got to a point where I couldn't see the story going anywhere anymore and there were too many sub plots going on which detracted from the main story.

Anyway, I'm wondering how things work on here and would be grateful for some guidance.

Thanks

<Added>

Just to say, I have now uploaded the first scene of my novel into the archive. I would love your feedback.

Thanks.
  • Re: I`m new!
    by blueisthecolour at 17:32 on 17 March 2008
    Best of luck to you, I am new too I joined today and have a non fiction book just published (Don't Mind Me published by chipmunkapublishing.co.uk) now embarking on a novel with a working title If Only They Knew but haven't got too far as yet

by EmmaD at 18:35 on 17 March 2008
    Welcome to WW, LMJT and Blueisthecolour. Have a look round the site, and get in touch with Nik or Dee the Site Hosts if you want to know anything, or alternatively just stand in the Newcomer's forum and shout! There's a link to the site tour on the homepage too, which you might want to do if you haven't already.

If you want consistent feedback on your work the best thing to do it to join a suitable group, though they do vary how active they are. You learn as much by critting others' work as you do by them critting yours, and feedback from people who know your work is always particularly valuable.

Emma
    by Dee at 18:39 on 17 March 2008
    Welcome to both of you!

If you look on the home page, right hand side, there’s a site tour. If that leaves you with more questions than answers give me or Nik Perring a shout and we’ll help you with the details.

Dee

<Added>

Crossed with you, Emma...
    by Nik Perring at 19:00 on 17 March 2008
    Welcome, you two!

Nik
    by gwresearch at 20:11 on 19 March 2008
    does anyone know how to link to a buy website? I put in my home website, but when I click on BUY it tries to add the two urls together, instead of going to my website? Any clues on format, no help text here.
    by Nik Perring at 20:21 on 19 March 2008
    I don't know what a 'buy website' is, I'm afraid.

To link to an external site you need to, after clicking 'reply', highlight what text you'd like the link to be, then click the link tab (the one that looks like a link in a chain, next to the quotation marks tab) and paste the url in to the box that comes up.

Hope that helps.

Nik