Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Thought I`d say hello
    by CountessZero at 15:18 on 16 January 2008
    Hi all

Just thought I'd join as a trial member to see what this place was all about and maybe drum up some interest in my book.

I cut my writing teeth on fanfictions but thought it was about time I started writing some 'serious' stuff.

My baby (my story, lol) is called Death Cry and is based on an online horror RPG created on a private website about three years ago. The RPG died a death because most of the players dropped out due to life commitments, but I decided to take the storyline and turn it into my first book. I'd been wanting to write a novel for a long time and finishing the ideas we started in the RPG seemed a good opportunity.

Anyway, that's me. I'll upload some chapters later, if anyone is interested ^_^
  • Re: Thought I`d say hello
    by susieangela at 15:25 on 16 January 2008
    hi Countess, and welcome!
    What is an RPG?
    Susiex
    by CountessZero at 15:54 on 16 January 2008
    RPG stands for roleplaying game - it's basically a scenario acted out by different people.

We had six people in ours and each took a character and the plot evolved through each character's viewpoint. It's fun
    by susieangela at 16:02 on 16 January 2008
    Sounds it. Maybe we should try it here.
    Susiex
    by RT104 at 08:11 on 19 January 2008
    Hi Countess, welcome to the site. You are not alone in having begun writing as a fanficker - me too, for one!

I hope you enjoy it here - there's loads of informative discussion to be had - and probably if you want to uplaod stiuf and get crits (and crit in return) the best thing is to choose a group that seems to fit your work, and join it.

Have fun!

Rosy