Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 22 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: Do you think that publishers acceptances take longer than rejections
    by Raziel_uk at 11:19 on 04 January 2008
    We can also liase [sic] between you and publishers or literary agents if required.

Could you give us a few more details? It might be of interest to some of the members here.

[Thanks for pointing out the typo - my proof reader missed that one. I think a sacking is in order! Joking apart I am going to get the website revamped soon(ish)]

I am more than happy to, but I didn't want to appear to be advertising my service.

We have worked for many authors (especially older people) who have written stories but don't know which publishers/lit. agents to contact. Therefore, we have advised (based on website research and checking Writers' and Artists' Yearbook) and, if they wish, we have even submitted their work on their behalf. This has allowed the time to concentrate on other things (the next book maybe).

In some cases we have worked for a ghost-writer and publisher on people's autobiographies. So we have transcribed recorded interviews, put them into the format the publisher requests and send them off to the publisher on completion. This is great for someone who, again, hasn't got the time to do all the typing.

We have a number of elderly clients, so we have acted on their behalf for contacting or receiving information for them by lit agents or publishers. Obviously any major decisions are put to our client, they still have complete control, but they don't have to worry about speaking on the phone (if they are hard of hearing), not having email - or even a computer in some cases, etc.

We try to provide a complete service to all our clients - whether a private individual or a business - so if someone needs help but are not sure what to do, they can contact us and we will handle everything to save them the time and stress.

Should anyone need something like this please do not hesitate to contact me via our site (address on my profile page) or send me a PM through this site.

[And here I add - please do not judge our service on any messages I type on this forum. I am usually in-between jobs and so am rushing to type it as quickly as possible. I have Firefox which has a spell checker, but I cannot guarantee grammar, etc. Obviously working for someone we would be a LOT more careful.]

<Added>

To stop this going on too long, if you would like a list of the publishers and lit agents we have worked for, plus the details of books we have worked on, please do not hesitate to contact me privately.
    by Yellow hair at 23:45 on 19 February 2008
    i just left my agent up to what she did but I know she sent the whole thing....after telling them all how great it was. Poor her and poor me. She has worked so hard for me.

love
    Sophie
    by Antarctic at 03:31 on 20 February 2008
    Hang in there, Sophie. You only need one publisher and your agent obviously has confidence in it. Have you had any feedback on why the ones who've said no, didn't want it?
    by Dee at 08:56 on 20 February 2008
    my (admittedly old) copy of Writers and Artists Yearbook

I meant to bring this up at the time, but the person who wrote it already thought I was having a go at him.

The 2008 copy was available to buy in August 2007. Given the length of time it takes to compile the book and get it into print, the entries were about a year out of date by January. Relying on an old copy for your information is A Bad Idea.
    (and charging other people for information sourced from an old copy is an even worse one, in my view!)

Dee
    by Antarctic at 12:24 on 20 February 2008
    I agree, Dee
    by NMott at 12:30 on 20 February 2008
    Agreed, Dee. There are so many one-man-band agents out there who do not accept submissions unless or until they have space on their lists, so it's a complete waste of P&P submitting to them - which is only possible to find out if you go on their websites.
    by EmmaD at 12:43 on 20 February 2008
    Yes, if find WAAYB etc. handy as the most complete list of any given category of business, but you really do have to check them out on their websites too.

Emma
  • This 22 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2