Login   Sign Up 

• Help!
    by lindy lou at 16:32 on 31 October 2007
    Hello all,

I am very rusty on this site and I may have done the wrong thing. I have uploaded my whole wee free Ebook...oh dear! Was I supposed to do that? Does this sites managers check it out before members can see it? I put it up to get a general review on it then I noticed another page that requests work for reviews. What to do now! please help
    Lindy
  • Re: Help!
    by Dee at 19:01 on 31 October 2007
    Hi Lindy, and welcome to Writewords.

I've had a look at the piece you’ve uploaded. The site administrators don’t check work before it appears in the archive, so when you upload something it’s visible straight away. Did you set it so that it’s only visible to WW members? If not, it will be picked up by internet search engines – but you might be happy about that, as it’s something you're offering free. (unless I've misunderstood you)

The main problem, if you're wanting feedback with a view to improving it, is that it’s quite long, and few of us can spare the time that reading and commenting would involve. You're a bit stuck now, I'm afraid, until you sign up as a paying member, at which point you’ll be able to go in and edit it.

Can you just clarify – have you uploaded this as a finished work or is it a work in progress that you're wanting feedback on?

Dee
  • Re: Thank you
    by lindy lou at 09:43 on 01 November 2007
    Hello Dee,

Thank you for coming back to me so soon. My little booklet is complete and yes it is free. And being that it is a free for all I wanted to make sure it was at least readable and practical for users. I understand that it is time consuming for you proffesionals, to be honest, I thought anyone on the site could comment on the content. 'Live and learn' indeed I am! I am so not technical in any shape of form tee hee! Dee, I am not a writer at all but I do believe there is a writer in everyone. I'm more verbal and just eager to share knowledge that can assist in helping others on thier journey.

I'm still finding my way around the site to see what I can and can't do. Hope to speak with you again some time.

For now, the best to you

Sunshine and smiles
    Lindy lou!