Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 18 message thread spans 2 pages: 1  2  > >  
  • hello and help!
    by susieangela at 21:03 on 18 October 2007
    Hello all - Discovering this website was a major reason for my dragging myself into the millenium and getting a laptop and broadband. I've spent hours on it - only snag is, it has eaten into my writing time somewhat. But I'm hoping that's just beginners excitement frenzy.
    As to the 'help' - I've just been accepted into the Women's Fiction forum and tried to get into it - put in my email and password as instructed - and nothing! Is there something I've not done? I've signed for a free month's membership.
    All the best,
    susiex
  • Re: hello and help!
    by NMott at 23:16 on 18 October 2007
    Hi Susie, and welcome to WriteWords
    I expect your application to join Woman's Fiction was still pending when you tried - it can take a few hours or a day for it to go through. Check again and if there's still problems send a WWmail to David Bruce who handles that side of things.
    Good luck

- NaomiM
    by susieangela at 23:20 on 18 October 2007
    Thanks, Naomi. I'd had an email saying my application had been accepted. Will try again tomorrow.
    All the best,
    Susie
    by Dee at 08:26 on 19 October 2007
    Hi Susie and welcome to the site. You're listed in the WF group now, so it looks like that’s gone through OK.

If you need any help finding your way around the site give me or Nik Perring a shout and we’ll point you in the right direction – or post a question in one of the forums.

Yes, this site does become additive if you're not careful, but that’s far outweighed by the benefits of being in the company of other writers.

Dee

by susieangela at 18:34 on 19 October 2007
    Thanks Dee -
    Yes, I absolutely agree. It's a great site. Another question: when I upload work, should I post a message saying I've done so, and where should I post this message?
    Susie
    by RT104 at 12:45 on 22 October 2007
    Can I just say a belated 'hello and welcome', Susieangela?

Rosy
    by susieangela at 14:21 on 22 October 2007
    Thanks, Rosy. Appreciate that.
    Susiex
    by Dee at 17:49 on 22 October 2007
    Sorry Susie, I missed that second question… post a notice in the Introduce Your Work forum if it’s for general consumption or, if you post it into a group, start a new forum thread in that group.

Also one of the best ways to attract feedback is to read and comment on other people’s work. Most people will return the favour.

Dee

by susieangela at 18:09 on 22 October 2007
    Thanks v. much!
    |}
    Susie
    by Sally_Nicholls at 19:47 on 22 October 2007
    Welcome!

Sally xxx
    by Tracy at 21:57 on 22 October 2007
    Welcome Susie,
    This is a great site and you will learn loads. Everyone is happy to help and the advice is always to the point if you give an idea of what it is you're looking for.
    Have fun
    take care
    Tracy
    by susieangela at 22:39 on 22 October 2007
    Hi Sally and Tracy -
    Thank you all for your welcome. This feels like a friendly and fun site. I spent many evenings browsing through the various threads on a friend's computer before getting my own laptop. It is so great to find like-minded souls from all over the world. I am lucky enough, here in Cornwall, to have a group of fellow novelists who meet every fortnight at each other's houses. We started at the beginning of the year and have found it hugely helpful, gradually working through each other's novels from beginning to (hopefully) end. To have Write Words as well is a wonderful luxury.
    Susiex
    by Prospero at 09:29 on 24 October 2007
    Hi Susie

Related to your question about posting and announcing a piece of work. Here's how you make an active link from your Forum post announcing your work to the actual story itself.

It may look a bit intimidating at first, but once you have done it a couple of times it is really quite straight forward.

Welcome to WriteWords

Prospero
    by MariaM at 10:01 on 24 October 2007
    Hello Susie

Welcome - Cornwall is a gorgeous place. I'm from Devon myself and was down in Fowey speaking on Writing for Publication at the Daphne du Maurier Festival - think I recommended Writewords there, though I dare say you found it independently?

all best

Maria
    by susieangela at 10:38 on 24 October 2007
    Thanks for your welcomes, Prospero and MariaM.
    Prospero, when you say 'here's how you make an active link' etc, um...what do you mean?!?
    MariaM - yes, Cornwall is beautiful, though I definitely need regular doses of the London smoke, having lived there for about 30 years!
    All the best,
    Susiex
  • This 18 message thread spans 2 pages: 1  2  > >