Login   Sign Up 

• Hi and help!
    by Souldesire at 13:31 on 15 September 2007
    Hi.

I am an Open University student who is nearing the end of a creative writing course. Please could someone tell me if its possible to send work here as an attachment rather than typing the whole thing up; I am not the fastest typer!

Thanks.
  • Re: Hi and help!
    by NMott at 14:53 on 15 September 2007
    I presume by attachment you mean as a Word document, in which case the simplest thing to do is copy and paste the work into the 'Upload Your Work' facility.
    To access this facility you must first join a Group.
    If you go to Travel forum you will see a line 'Click here to join the group'. Do that and wait a few hours or a day, while your application is 'Pending' and you will then be able to upload new work.
    A little complicated, but it allows you to delete and edit the work, unlike anything poted elsewhere on the site.

- NaomiM

<Added>

oops ..posted elsewhere...
    See what I mean :)

<Added>

As well as Travel you could also join Memoirs, Journalism and/or Non-fiction.
    by Souldesire at 15:45 on 15 September 2007
    Thanks for your help.
    by Dee at 21:47 on 15 September 2007
    Just to clear up a minor point – you don’t have to join a group. Work can be uploaded straight into the archive. Just click on ‘upload work’ in the top right hand corner of the screen. However, it’s better to be in a group so that you can ask the other group members for feedback.

It also makes a big difference if you read and offer feedback on other members’ work.

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your course.

Dee