Login   Sign Up 

• Recent Posts question
    by taff at 23:49 on 28 August 2007
    This is probably a dumb question given the title of the Recent Posts link, but does this link provide a list of all the latest postings regardless of what subject or group they are posted in.
    ie; can I use this to see all of the threads that have been updated by most recent date?

Also, with regards the forum, is their a 'postings since last visit' feature?
    I don't see this as an option so I presume not.

{I did a quick search for the answer to this one but didn't find anything}

Taff
  • Re: Recent Posts question
    by NMott at 00:19 on 29 August 2007
    does this link provide a list of all the latest postings regardless of what subject or group they are posted in.

Yes, sort of.
    The exceptions being anything posted in Private Membes or Lounge, and any comments posted on work uploaded in the Group Forums, and the work (chapter excerpts, poems, etc), posted in those Forums (since the work is often posted so it is visible to group members only).
    Also - as a general note, and a plea not to do it - only one page of recent posts is visible, which is annoying if anyone posts multiple messages across the forums containing the same message.

- NaomiM
    by Dee at 08:35 on 29 August 2007
    If you look at the list of forums on the right-hand side of the forums home page; Writewords Forums, Writing Forums and Review Forums all appear in the top section of the Recent Posts page. Scroll down that page and you'll come to all the recent posts in the Group Forums. These posts are visible to internet search engines.

Posts in the Members and Lounge Forums don’t show (and are not visible to search engines) because they're private and only accessible to members.

If you click on the Archive tab at the top of any page you can access work that members have uploaded (unless they’ve restricted access to a group). This is not a showcase, it’s where work-in-progress is uploaded for constructive feedback and comment, so feel free to read and offer suggestions.

Dee

by taff at 15:10 on 29 August 2007
    Thanks both :-)