Login   Sign Up 

• Seeking Partners for Writing Project
    by FrankGoose at 02:22 on 23 May 2007
    Greetings All,

It's quite a pleasure to be part of this group.

I'm looking for partners for a writing project I've got going. It's a book called "The Nine Line" and it is a compilation of works about the #9 transportation line (bus, train, subway, streetcar, etc.) in each of various cities. For example I'm working on the #9 bus line in the city where I live (Jerusalem) and am using the route of the bus to touch on various historic, geographic, cultural, and very human themes that are represented along the route. It's actually quite a blast to be doing this - our nine line goes through an amazing diversity of neighborhoods and passes some really interesting landmarks along the way.

Each partner in the project will write about the #9 line in his/her city, based on basic guidelines of common themes and styles that will tie together all of the works. We will then submit the work for publication. All the terms (authorship, share of proceeds, etc.) are defined in an agreement we sign before writing begins.

I find several aspects of the project exciting - the ability to create topic material around a focused core, the intention of publishing a book without having to take on the "whole book" burden, the diversity of possibilities within each "nine line" and creating the connections between the "nine lines" - and am looking for others who could get excited about writing about cities they are familiar with as well. I look forward to being in touch with these people.

Please contact me at FrankGoose@gmail.com if you might be interested.

Thanks,

Frank
  • Re: Seeking Partners for Writing Project
    by Dee at 22:29 on 23 May 2007
    Frank, I'm slightly puzzled… your profile says you're in the British Isles, but apparently you live in Jerusalem.

Just wondering…
  • Re: Seeking Partners for Writing Project
    by mustlovedogz at 15:51 on 30 May 2007
    Currently in Nuremberg, Germany where my No.9 goes to Doku-Centrum where Hitler rallied his troups. Very interesting.
    Let me know if this interests you and i can write something maybe for you about the journey. New to this so be gentle.