Login   Sign Up 

• uploading work
    by seven at 19:47 on 30 January 2007
    Am I correct in thinking that you can only have one piece of work uploaded to a group at any one time? What happens to the work when it's removed to make way for your next piece? Does it then go into the archive? Can it still be seen by group members in the archive? Sorry if I've got totally the wrong end of the stick. I'm asking because I don't like the idea of work remaining on the site for ages. I'd like to feel that I could post a piece for comments, and then remove it.
  • Re: uploading work
    by Dee at 20:02 on 30 January 2007
    Hi seven, you can remove a piece of work any time you like, although if you delete it you’ll lose any feedback you’ve had on it – so be careful to copy and save it beforehand if you want to keep it. I find it very useful to be able to look back on comments from previous drafts.

Yes, you can only have one piece of work at a time in a group archive. As you upload the next piece, the previous one is bumped into the general archive although, if you set it to only be visible to group members, it will still only be visible to them.

Dee
    by debac at 12:25 on 31 January 2007
    What about leaving comments on a piece of work which has been removed? Is there a way to do that? I printed out a piece from the group I'm in and have comments to post but the piece has been swapped for the next instalment.

My current plan is to leave that feedback at the beginning or end of my msg with feedback on her subsequent piece, clearly marked.

Deb
    by Dee at 15:09 on 31 January 2007
    If the piece has actually been removed from the site there’s not much you can do… I would suggest you WWmail the author and give your feedback that way. I'm sure he or she would appreciate it.

But check first to see if it’s not still on the site but bumped into the general archive. If you click on the name of the writer and go to ‘work’ it’ll show you all the pieces they have visible on the site. If the one you're looking for is there, just click on it and leave your feedback in the usual way.

Dee
    by debac at 16:04 on 31 January 2007
    Thanks for that, Dee. By the time I read it I'd already left someone's chapter 2 comments in the area for their chapter 3 comments (deliberately), along with comments on the later chapter. But after reading your answer I've now discovered how to access previous work so will know next time, if I'm ever in the same position.

Deb
    by Dee at 16:23 on 31 January 2007
    Ah, you impetuous thing…
    by debac at 17:33 on 31 January 2007
    That's me...

Deb