Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• A pain in Spain?
    by Bald Man at 16:55 on 11 June 2013
    I received this unsolicited email today. I don't think my constitution could stand being a creative writing leader for a month in Spain, or elsewhere. But if you fancy a free month in Spain...

Colin

I am the director of one of the largest programmes of residential adult education for retired people anywhere. We run month long programmes in four star hotels one in Spain and one in Italy.

The programme in Spain needs a creative writing leader for next February. We do not pay but leaders get to live for a whole month in a four star hotel in Spain. If this interests you then please feel free to contact me on 01228-523724

Philip Nash

Director
    GO/CTE.
  • Re: A pain in Spain?
    by EmmaD at 17:02 on 11 June 2013
    The programme in Spain needs a creative writing leader for next February. We do not pay but leaders get to live for a whole month in a four star hotel in Spain.

I hope they're not serious. How on earth do they expect to get teachers worth having, if they're not prepared to pay?
    by Bald Man at 17:52 on 11 June 2013
    Indeed.

"He that lives upon hope will die fasting." (Benjamin Franklin)

by alexhazel at 23:15 on 11 June 2013
    Being a bit of a cynic, I would wonder whether the 4-week stay in a 4-star hotel might include an obligation to attend something resembling a timeshare hard-sell event. Do those things still happen? Maybe people flog something other than timeshare, these days.

They're obviously out to make money without wishing to spend any.
    by Bald Man at 07:39 on 12 June 2013
    Brass-knuckled timeshare salesmen would be the least of the difficulties, I reckon.

Having spent all day with the writers, it sounds as if you would be in their company most of the evening too at the hotel. After two days I would be taking an axe to them all.