Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Zócalo Press - new publishing company focusing on short texts, prose and poetry
    by Xenny at 21:55 on 16 November 2008
    Hi,

I'm involved in a new small press called Zócalo focusing on short format writing – prose and poetry. Our publications will be in print, not on-line, and our aim is to promote an interested readership for new work through experimentation with alternative publication styles and distribution channels.

We will launch early next year with four series: Demons, The Road, Letters, and Water. If this sounds interesting to you, please take a look at our guidelines:

http://www.zocalopress.com/submissions-guidelines.pdf

I'd love it if we had some submissions from Writewords members - I'm continually impressed by the quality of writing on this site.

The email address is writing@zocalopress.com. Contact details are also on the guidelines.

I hope to hear from some of you!

Adeline
  • Re: Zócalo Press - new publishing company focusing on short texts, prose and poetry
    by Anna Reynolds at 16:36 on 07 December 2008
    Adeline, why don't we run a WriteWords interview with you about Zocalo? If that appeals, WWmail me?
  • Re: Zócalo Press - new publishing company focusing on short texts, prose and poetry
    by Xenny at 16:51 on 07 December 2008
    Anna, that sounds like a great idea. I'll bring it up in our meeting tomorrow and get back to by WWmail afterwards. Thanks.