Login   Sign Up 

• Part time job teaching online journalism offered
    by EmmaD at 16:42 on 18 December 2007
    I thought some of the WW journos might be interested in this. I've taken out the email address, as this is in the public forum, but do WWmail me if you're interested and I'll let you know. (And actually you must be able to reach him through the Glamorgan website, too...)

Emma

An online journalist is urgently needed to teach part time at the University of Glamorgan's new Cultural and Creative Industries campus in central Cardiff.

The candidate must have:
    - Technical skills in uploading text and video to the web
    - Experience in journalism/publishing
    - An understanding of issues in online journalism

Support is available for those without teaching experience.

Teaching is to classes of 20 students in an informal workshop setting, using PCs, as part of our BA Journalism degree. Course content includes establishing and moderating student blogs; addressing the different challenges of reporting and writing for the online environment, using case studies; supervising student online projects; integrating video online; directing students to readings on trends in online journalism; marking and assessment.

All teaching takes place on Tuesdays, with several hours bunched to make a long but efficient teaching day. Classes start on Tuesday January 8 and finish early May, with a two week vacation at Easter and one other non-teaching week in February. A slightly delayed starting date may be possible. Standard hourly paid lecture rates apply, variable according to experience and qualifications. Further work may be available in the 2008-9 academic year.

Our School of Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) is five minutes from Cardiff Central station, in a new £38m building. See http://cci.glam.ac.uk/ for details.

If you are interested, email me, Rob Campbell, at xxx@xxx (preferably with a phone number) and I will get back to you asap to discuss. Please feel free to forward this to anyone else who might be interested.