Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• They F**k you up...
    by Nell at 07:09 on 14 May 2007
    I'm passing on this email from poet Ros Barber about a poetry event in Brighton, but fiction writers, have a look at the trials and tribs of her unpublished novel in her blog at Shallowland - it makes for interesting reading. They definitely do f**k you up (and not only Mum and Dad).

Nell.

Here's what I'm up to next Sunday, if you are anywhere near Brighton and fancy a good night out.

If, on the other hand, you'd like a literate entertainment you don't have to leave home for, visit Shallowlands (www.shallowland.blogspot.com) for a link to my second novel, now being released in weekly chapters...

All the best,

Ros

DON'T FEED THE POETS presents Brighton Fringe Festival Shows at The Marlborough Theatre...

Sunday May 20th They F**K You Up

Last year's talented literature award nominated team of performance poets and writers turn their attentions to Philip Larkin's famous assertion that "They Fu*K You Up, Your Mum and Dad".

Award winning writer Ros Barber, performance wordsmith Yvo Luna and comic performers Justin Rhyme and Jonny Fluffypunk present an evening of new writing, both serious and funny, fusing poetry with imaginative prose, song, film and theatre. Expect honesty and pathos, quality words and close to home humour.

"A string of glowing performances....highlights the power of poetry to make you feel somewhere dark inside that you are slightly less alone" Threeweeks on last year's award nominated Sexuality Show.

Tickets available from www.marlboroughtheatre.com and on the door. £6/£5. Also available on the door, if not sold out. The show starts 8pm (finishes before 10pm)
    --
    www.rosbarber.info
    www.shallowland.blogspot.com