Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Workshop - Writing Through Time and Space
    by EmmaD at 21:33 on 22 March 2007
    This is a one-off workshop run by the brilliant Diane Samuels, who's a playwright, novelist and hugely experienced writing teacher, and runs the very special writing group that I go to when I can. I thought WWers might be interested. It's not specifically for playwrights at all. I went to a similar one-off a while ago, and it was excellent

Since I'm posting this in the public side of WW I haven't added her contact details, but if you're interested, do WWmail me and I'll pass them on.

Emma

WRITING THROUGH TIME AND SPACE

Date: Sunday, April 22nd
    Time: 4.45pm to 9.45pm
    Place: Upstairs room, The Magdala Pub, 2a South Hill Park, London NW3 2SB
    Cost: £50 (including refreshments and light buffet supper)

Award-winning play, KINDERTRANSPORT will be opening for a five week run at the Hampstead Theatre on Tuesday, April 22nd in a new production by Shared Experience Theatre Company. This powerful drama weaves seamlessly between the wartime years and the 1980s, unlocking secrets of memory, identity and the intricacy of parent /child relationships. An insightful exploration of the impact of survival and loss upon German Jewish Eva who, at nine years old, is transported out of pre-war Nazi Germany without her parents to safety in England.
    The play was first produced in London in 1993. Since then it has been performed all over the world.

This workshop is an opportunity for writers of all levels of experience to delve into extracts from the play with the author as inspiration for lots of writing.
    We will look at:
    *how a character can be different ages at the same time *the difference between memory, flash-back and the hidden selves in the present *conversations between past, present and future *jigsaw puzzles: character pieces and how they might fit together *The child in the adult and the adult in the child

Hoping to try out different approaches, do some time-travelling and make some new discoveries.
    Bring along an open mind, an open heart and a desire to have a go.

• Re: Workshop - Writing Through Time and Space
    by EmmaD at 11:28 on 25 March 2007
    Apparently there are only a few places left on this workshop, so do get in touch with me if you're interested.

Emma